SEGA Carnival Website •  Carnibooru • FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:43 am 
"Chaos is power, enriched by the heart."
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
I figured now is a good of a time as any to make this sticky, given that some of our community may be absent or are looking to publicly excuse themselves for any reason they wish to give. In any case, we understand if you need to/had to leave this site for any length of time, as sometimes there are other more important things in life to attend to. In any case, we anticipate your possible return!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:35 am 
"What you see is what you get! Just a guy who loves adventure!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
In light of my recent actions concerning other individuals on the SEGA Carnival Discord server as well as elsewhere, I'm going to be going dark for a while until I feel that I am mature enough to handle real world situations like the ones I experienced recently. I don't intend to permanently leave the community, but if push comes to shove I may have to. I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone or made them uncomfortable as I have not, and continue to not intend to do so at any point in time. All of you are wonderful people and I understand that I am in the wrong here. I sincerely hope that my leave will help me to improve as a person.

Thank you for understanding. If you do need to reach me then my Discord account is still open, albeit in a limited state.

twitter | youtube | steam | discord: eblu#8048

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:30 am 
"All the world's jewels are mine!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
Don't try too hard and wear yourself down though, sometimes people will never be satisfied no matter how hard you try and it's really not worth the burden on your heart, because those people can be replaced just like that. But I remember you're a good kid, and if you're voluntarily leaving, I'm sure it's nothing as bad as all that. After some time you'll get where you wanna be, I believe in you. And I'm positive you'll be welcomed back.

Arianna#5279

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:20 am 
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
well it took all of a few hours to pull an infinite and become too weak to just up and leave everything for more than a day
so i'm back i guess

twitter | youtube | steam | discord: eblu#8048

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 am 
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
I want to preface this message by saying I am posting this because I feel that I have left many of you in the dark relating to my absence from SEGA Carnival and if I plan to return. This is not a plea for forgiveness, and I accept the fact that my past behavior has altered my reputation here negatively.

Over the past few months, I have been debating whether or not to return to this site next year (after my previous drama possibly blows over and I mature intellectually). After a period of self-evaluation, I feel that even if I do change for the better, there has been far too much conflict regarding me to consider myself redeemable to the SEGA Carnival community. In addition, I have been attempting to plan for the next stage of my life, balancing college planning, catching up with learning about sustaining myself, and eventually getting a job. With these factors considered, I have decided that I should leave permanently.

Looking back on my actions with other members, I have realized that I was (and probably still am) somewhat of a nuisance. I frequently joined conversations of which I knew nothing about the subject matter being discussed, often sending multiple attempted jokes about these topics even when it was inappropriate. I also have offended quite a few people, either through my incessant "anime sucks" jokes or my more egregious displays of religion in an inappropriate manner. I understand now that my conduct was abysmal and I should have done better to keep these comments to myself.

Expanding on this issue, I have stated that I intended to "convert" the community and that "being gay is a sin." I am aware that these statements are extremely offensive to just about every member of SEGA Carnival and that I should have evaluated these messages before I sent them. I do not believe that the mere existence of a person, no matter how they identify, is sinful, and I do not wish to alter any member's beliefs in any way. That being said, I have irreversibly wronged this community, and I accept that I have done so.

As for the second point outlined in my opening paragraph, I must now focus on other areas of life. As of the time that I am posting this, I am 18 and will be pursuing higher education and a career soon. Returning to SEGA Carnival would become a liability for me as I believed that I should be committed to the site as long as I am a part of it. It would be rather difficult to balance a commitment to this community and a commitment to the rest of my life. Besides this, I am moving onto greener pastures and although I'm currently in an "Internet limbo," attempting to rebuild the bridges that I have burnt would be more trouble than it would be worth. I hate to put the people that I grew up with for five years behind me, but I believe that I have no other choice.

In conclusion, I believe I have made my decision rationally (unfortunately an uncommon occurrence for me) and that I need to get this off my chest to avoid worrying about it in the future. Again, I accept any mistakes or offenses that I have committed during my tenure here, and I promise to improve on these in the future as I have learned from them. As of now, I have cut most of my ties to the community outside of the site (unsubscribing from YouTube channels, unfollowing members on Twitter) and do not plan to reinstate them for the foreseeable future. Despite this, I would like to thank you for helping me grow as a person. Without the events that have unfolded over these past six months, I never would have become a better person.

If you still wish to contact me, you can reach me through Discord (@eblu#8048).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:06 pm 
"All the world's jewels are mine!"
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
aw, don't worry, you'll move on before you know it, if that's what you want. college really doesn't keep you that busy though, so it probably won't fill the void. just make some fulfilling friends at school. you'll be surprised about the difference in understanding by people in education versus the internet, where you encounter more people with empathy issues or a lack of real life experience, or have retreated into a digital shell and are defensive and volatile due to their own mental instability and search of the security and loyalty their outside life denies them. absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's natural and we all need to see we belong and have support, it's just difficult when many people have struggles in the same place.

but my advice is to take care of yourself first. it's no good to change to save face for others' benefit, because being accepted is not as important as being happy. sometimes the battle for respect is more toxic than the clash. you get so caught up in the battle that you don't even learn anything except how to try and rationalize your behavior and even the people that were trying to teach you give up. it can be good to meet more people that you don't deal with over and over every day for some perspective and more exposure to others. you might think with development issues trying to talk to people is a bad idea, but the more you practice social skills, even if you don't fully understand the cues, you get a better idea of when you're supposed to behave a certain way for a certain situation or person, and that will then translate to your internet relationships because you can translate social etiquette to the screen going by who you surround yourself with.

if you don't have one, see if you can't talk to a therapist on the regular or like a chaplain experienced in your religion if it's a spiritual conflict you have. i say chaplain because any formal sect is going to hijack your religion with their personal views that you might question. there's nothing wrong with questioning what others tell you your religion believes; you should read whatever religious text you follow and let yourself understand it on your own. i'm not religious, but i do know some people pressure you to follow it certain ways and resist outright supporting whoever, but you're 18 now, you don't have to get messed up by expectations people, not your diety, placed on you. if you feel that compulsion, remember that. i don't know for sure that is what lurks behind your struggle, we haven't talked, but i don't know, i feel like you need someone to tell you that they believe in you, and that you can be happy with yourself and attempt some non judgmental guidance. if i suck at that, er, i'm sorry.

anyway kiddo--well--i guess it's sir now, wow. time really doesn't wait. good wishes to your endeavors and just give yourself time out in the world. if people in other social circles start confronting you too, it might be time to look inward. if you find they don't, maybe you should talk to the people you say you hurt. if the bridge gets burned, unfortunately, you should probably sever the tie, it is better for both people. trust is a hard thing to earn even if you do mend things.

Arianna#5279

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:16 am 
"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
I hope you're able to find another community and thrive in it, I managed to work my way to a respectable place in my new green grass. This website isn't for everyone, and it doesn't have to be. The nostalgia some of us might want to relive is impossible, all we can do is begin again sometimes. If you're lucky you'll make use of a hobby or game you're passionate about and claw your way past others to the point where my old handle "Triert" itself is a distant memory.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:50 am 
(No assigned userbar)
Average Attendee
Average Attendee
i don't have any words of wisdom to impart but you were a pretty dang cool dude from my experience so like, good luck with your future endeavors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 pm 
"Show me your power... Or I shall not obey."
Rocky Road
Rocky Road
-